John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shhhhhhh!

Do you hear that? .......Neither do I. Silence has become a trusted friend of mine over the past 7+ years. I used to hate it, it used to make me feel lonely and vulnerable. But now...because it so rarely makes an appearance, I crave it. I need a litte in the middle of each day and after the kids go to bed. Those moments where the pitter pat of little feet and the little voices stop, even for just a few moments, helps me calm myself and causes me to appreciate the fact that I have been blessed with noise.


3 brilliant comments.:

Kathleen S. said...

Yes indeedy! As a homeschool big sis I totally understand where you are coming from! It's so important to get that little bit of silence, to refresh and give you a bit more bounce to tackle the world again. :)

Aren't naps one of the most glorious things on earth?! For BOTH Mommy and kids! :D

Unknown said...

Pssst... My Blog finally acknowledged your blogs existence. I think this means they are friends again.

Jon Davis Jr. said...

Two Years of Silence Now! :-) No more posts?

Post a Comment